Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wed Movie! Inception

Wednesday Movie
INCEPTION
A man in a suit with a gun in his right hand is flanked by five other individuals in the middle of a street which, behind them, is folded upwards. Leonardo DiCaprio's name and those of other cast members are shown above the words "YOUR MIND IS THE SCENE OF THE CRIME". The title of the film "INCEPTION", film credits, and theatrical and IMAX release dates are shown at the bottom.
I watch this movie last week with Benjamin. I notice today there are discussion in my Facebook with two different groups of friends, so I guess it is generating a lot of interest.
The idea of the movie is to be able to enter someones dream, or create a dream from a third person by an architect (sounds matrix like) and steal secrets. It gets complicated when a dream within a dream is created up to 4 levels ("?! I'm not too sure) . You need to really concentrate throughout the movie. But it is pretty easy with some good actors including Leo DiCaprio, Ken Watanabe, Cillian Murphy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt (the kid from "Third Rock from the Sun") and Tom Hardy (I like him and found out his playing Mad Max in the next sequel - I guess Mel is getting on and a bit unpopular at the moment). I believe Hardy would be a good candidate for James Bond.


The movie was directed by Christopher Nolan which has his dark and gloomy presence about it just like the last two Batmen movies directed by him. I believe it was about 150 minutes of continuous entertaining and enjoyable concentration to keep up with the movie. Visually stunning.

1 comment:

  1. So that's what you were up to on Wednesday night! It kinda of reminds me of that movie with what"s his name ....also about dreams....um was it Robin Williams I think ....I have to get back to you on that.

    ReplyDelete