Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wed Movie- The Remains of the Day

Wednesday Movie

The Remains of the Day


A movie I watched on satellite TV over the weekend. These days movies are made for speed and activity to maintain the attention of the viewer. However, even though I found it boring many years ago
I now enjoyed it because it took its time to tell a story of a novel written by Kazou Izhiguro (from Nagasaki, Japan - moved to England in 1960 and became a English Citizen in 1982).

Anthony Hopkins, Emma Thomson, Christopher Reeve and a young Hugh Grant (before being typecast), an incredible cast.

The story revolves around the head butler, Mr. Stevens (Hopkins) from a period in the 1930's to 1950's. His sense of duty and professionalism and how it effected his relationships (with people he served, his father and love interest). A very touching and moving movie if you enjoy following a movie that even allows you to enjoy the English countryside. 

Rating - Good - well made didn't fall asleep during the movie (Unlike the first time I watched it).












MY RATINGS
  • Shite - this was inspired when I was watching "The Medallion" with Jackie Chan at the Cinema with Benjy (convinced me to go with him) and after 15 minutes turned to Benjy and said "Ooi Benjy this movie is shit".
  • OKlah - watch it also ok, don't watch oso ok, won't die!
  • Good - well made didn't fall asleep during the movie.
  • Wa Lau - almost life changing

2 comments:

  1. Oh I have to watch this movie again. I loved Anthony Hopkins in Howard's End.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing to do with John Howard's end I hope

    ReplyDelete