Thursday, April 8, 2010

2004 Caucus Speech for JCI Malaysia

CAUCUS SPEECH

Posted by Picasa

JOE’S INTRO

Mr. Chairman, Senators and fellow Jaycees

I am blessed with the double opportunity to represent KKJC as the Chief Delegate and to introduce KKJC’s candidate for National President this evening.

In a world driven by ambition and wealth I am glad to introduce to all of you someone who has moved on from being a mere JC friend to personal friend (quote IC pg 50)

In Jaycees we have opportunities – to Grow, learn, be active and develop, opportunity cost – at times we have to sacrifice our business and family time to get things done in Jaycees. Opportunist – people who come in with sole intention of making use of this organization for their own personal glorification.

If you ask anyone from Area Sabah, they will gladly tell you that our candidate came in to serve at a time when Sabah was at its lowest level and nobody wanted to take up the challenge. It is obvious from the presence of chapters from Sabah he has done justice to his position.

Area Sabah in General and KKJC in particular is proud to present JC Donald Stephens for Candidate for National President 2005.

DON’S SPEECH

Fellow Jaycees,

Caucus has always been an exciting part of any National Convention. Personally I have always enjoyed it … from the opposite end of this lectern.

Few years ago if any one ask me if I would be a candidate for National President, I would definitely have said NO.

This is exactly what this organization does to a challenged person like me. My experience came in 1996 when I joined KKJC and was quickly absorbed in the COC. My position was the Stage Manager, and its main glorified job specification was to place the microphone stand on stage and take it off.

Since my first job as Stage Manager until today about eight years later the people who have known me has seen my development …including my weight and hair loss.

It has provided me an opportunity to Grow, Learn, Activate and Develop myself. This is my Theme…my mission…is GLAD.

G for Growth

L for Learn

A to Activate

And D for developing our resources

G - In Growth we plan to prepare JCI-Malaysia to grow at 10% net per year. Allowing us to reach 2000 members in 7 years and 2500 members in 10 years.

L – Learn – to improve the NOM and LOM training programs by upgrading materials, approach and methodology relevant to the current members’ needs which include Local and National Context.

A – Activate – To ensure new, inactive and senior members to participate in LOM and NOM activities and project.

D – Develop resources – Resources like our values have to be developed and understood. The secretariat has to be upgraded to ensure better services to members. We have to manage our financial resources by implementing a complimentary entity. We have to synergise and build strong relationships in smart partnership with organization such as Senate Malaysia, MBM, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Ministry of Women and Family Development, SUHAKAM and Toastmasters.

Our organization allows individuals to work together to give better results. SO I am glad to announce my running mate, the calm and reliable candidate for National Sec. General – JC Alex Ang Ko Han of Junior Chamber Kuching. I believe we will compliment our strengths and give our best for the organization.

My mission is GLAD , I want everyone to be glad to be in this great organization.

Ladies and Gentlemen: let us

Grow together

Learn together

Be Active together

Develop our resources together

For the benefit of ourselves and the organization.

Thank you and God Bless and peace be with you.

1 comment: