Monday, April 19, 2010

What Not to Do As A Father! - Seagulls

Being a father of three kids I have had my fair share of mishaps and pure silliness in bringing up my children. This is why I have Cinda to mend or correct my screw ups along the way. I would like to share my experience with all the dads out there!!

We were enjoying our holiday in Sydney and were doing the city tour - Taronga Zoo, Opera House and general walk about. We decided to get some pies and enjoy the great weather at a park near central station.

Before we knew it, we were surrounded by hungry seagulls. I got my then 6 year old daughter Ashe to pose next to a flock of them (emm Flock of Seagulls what ever happened to the band?!) for a picture. I started to feed the birds chips and a lot of them were starting to band together behind Ashe and were becoming a wee bit aggressive. She eventually realize my plan and totally freaked out!! The picture above of the event after the trauma with the guilty looking father.

What I did not realize was I had unleashed a bird phobia (birdophobia?! Ornithophobia!!!). Since then the littlest of birds has freaked her into a frenzy and we have been to a few bird aviary which she either has refused to join us or attached to me like a Siamese twin.

Emmm maybe its time to let her watch "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock?!

Mine, mine,mine

1 comment:

  1. And you want more children .....
    I wonder what you'll be like as a grandfather??

    ReplyDelete